Wednesday, June 10, 2015

#DIY new flowerbeds!!

Hello! Isn't this time of the year wonderful! We've definitely been spending a bit more time outdoors lately...decided to add two more flower beds - tons of work but soooo worth it!! Check out the pictures of the beds...of course I'll post some more pictures once everything starts to bloom some more. We decided to place these next to our garden since basically the grass just wasn't cooperating there, BTW our veggies are starting to come in!! WOOHOO!!! Nothing like fresh veggies/herbs from the garden. Plus it saves tons of money!!! OMG produce is so expensive!!! We have zucchini, squash, cucumbers, heirloom and cherry tomatoes, peppers, basil, cilantro, thyme and rosemary. Everything is looking so good!! My friends and family don't believe me when I tell them I'm working out in the yard, so I have to have lots of pic's!!! I am not an outdoors person and have never really been interested in digging in the dirt (messes up my nails) nor did I like getting all hot and grungy! My parents were outside/in the dirt all the time and our yard was always beautiful...I'd rather be doing my nails/shopping or just give me a cold beverage on the deck with some good music and I'm good!! LOL!! But, since my sweetie and I have been together I've definitely been branching out and giving the good ole' outdoors a shot...so far I have to say I'm loving it!! I've even been camping!! WOW what an experience...will have to share that since we are grabbing the packs/tent again this year. It's very therapeutic when you're working in your flower beds/garden...you basically get to see just a spot of land transformed into something really beautiful...truly awesome!!! I have to give the credit for all the prepping of the soil/edging/stones that you'll see to my sweetie...no way I could do any of  that!!! I'm basically the bed layout (design)/planter person! Is that a title? LOL! Loading those stones is hard work but it definitely ties everything in and makes it look amazing!!! Thanks babe!! Total team effort on these!!!



Starting new flower beds!
Mulch added along w/more flowers!













Everything is in....just need mother nature to bring us some rain!



No comments:

Post a Comment